Adila Satellites to comply with terms of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and subsequent legislation.
We take Health and safety very seriously, we are BS OHSAS 18001 Certified.
Occupational Health and safety Management system. This is a framework, that ensures our policies, procedures and controls are are geared for us to achieve the best possible working conditions, aligned with internationally recognised best practices, in order to minimise the number of instances of occupational accidents and illnesses. Our ultimate goal is to achieve and accident-free workplace.
All engineers are provided with equipment, information, training and supervision as are necessary to implement our policy in order to achieve the stated objective.
Adila Satellites recognise and accept our duty to protect the health and safety of all our employees, clients and visitors, including contractors and temporary workers, as well as any members of the public who might be affected by our operations.
Prior to commencing on site activities, a member of the project management team will ensure that all employees attend a site induction meeting. And are fully aware of any site specific Health & Safety issues.
The Project Manager will also be responsible for submitting detailed risk and method statement to the main contractor, and to our health & safety officer to ensure that all areas of risk, no matter how minor, have been identified and counter measures taken to minimise the risk.
Adila Satellites will ensure the following every time:
- The Site Manager is responsible for overall safety
- All operatives are Health and Safety trained and carry CIS Cards
- Compulsory walk through of risk assessment before commencing on site
- Weekly briefing:
- Highlight any observed concerns on site
- Discuss any expected events in forthcoming week
- Focus on special topics
- Engineers are to comply with site regulations at all times
- Engineers are provided with suitable fit for purpose safety equipment, such as hard hats, high visibility jackets, safety goggles, gloves, boots and harnesses